Tuesday 18 November 2008

It’s not you, it’s me!

I just had a chat with an old friend today. She's almost 30 in a year or two, an aspiring career woman …. and still single. No, it's not because she's not attractive or what, she's just not into "those guys".

She said "I'm not looking for Mr-Right-Now, I'm looking for Mr-Right"

So, during her adventure in finding that "right person", she always need to make this decision of whether to go with the relationship or to ditch him ASAP (read: to REJECT). On the other hand, not all the guy that she considers as Mr Right feel they same way about her (read: being rejected).
I'm sure some of you are familiar with rejection lines in this cat-and-mouse game; here are some Rejection Lines that I compiled inspired from our heated discussion (Gosh, sound like déjàvu!!!)

  1. "Let's be friends" or "I don't want to ruin our friendship" (yeah, so that I can brag to you about those other guys I like!)
  2. I'm not attracted to you in "that" way – then normally followed by line number 1.
  3. I always think of you as a friend/boyfriend/girlfriend –also normally followed by line number 1.
  4. I've someone already/ I've got a boyfriend/girlfriend already. (And even if I don't have one I won't date you!).
  5. I'm still concentrating at my study/career/project. (Even those boring nights of study cramping/overtime are better than dating you!).
  6. Things are still a bit complicated right now. (Because it means I have to add one more individual in my already-full dating schedule).
  7. I don't date men/people I work with. (The truth is I wouldn't even date you if we were in the same timeline).
  8. It's not you, its ME (Well truth be told, it's not me, it's YOU).


    And the ultimate weapon:

  9. I'm Gay.
  10. I'm gonna be a nun/monk.

PS: I t's not that I have something against gay people or nun/monk. Don't take it seriously.

No comments: