Thursday 13 November 2008

I am not a mummy nor an Indo???

I opened my email and a very weird email arrived at my inbox. It’s from moderator of a mailing list for Indo-mommies in Singapore I opt to join. And guess what? My request to join the group maiing list was denied!

Hello,
Your request to join the xxxxxxxxx group was not approved.
The moderator of each xxx! group chooses whether to restrict membership in the group. Moderators who choose to restrict membership also choose whom to admit.
Please note that this decision is final and that xxx! Groups does not control group membership.

For what reason? I’m not “mummy” enough? Or am I not “Indo” enough? I really think it's funny.
But you know what's more funny? Back in 2007, a support group for foreign and Singapore mommies - which consists of 99.99% non Indo mommies- accepted my request to join them in a snap! They even outspokenly invited me to come to their social gathering.
Well, for all I know, my intention to join the group was to extend my networking, with Indo-mommies specifically. And if THEY think I don’t fit the quality to be in the group, so what gitu loh…
(Actually, I still hope rejection letter was a typo)

No comments: