Thursday 26 March 2009

To wean or not to wean

I've heard that weaning period is one of the most difficult periods in a mother's life. And I surely agree.
Not only it's difficult to prepare the food itself, things become more complicated since Rania is a picky eater!
I've tried rice porridge, steam rice with vegetables, all those gerber and heinz bottled food... and her favorite? Just a simple 2 scoops of instant rice milk from nestle. With nothing.

So yesterday I came up with an idea of mixing the rice milk with a stash of blended asparagus and water. Well, she didn't take it well. I decided to give it a try and boy, now I understand why she didn't like it.
So I made a conclusion : even babies like tasty food and their taste buds to be tantalized. So again, with a little bit of kitchen-experiment, I finally came up with a recipe that Rania likes : rice porridge with cheddar cheese with asparagus and corn soup. The porridge will her a full stomach, the cheese to satisfy her palate (if she has any already) and the asparagus and corn for fiber intake. And Voila. A happy Mama and happy Rania... and a gentle tummy. That's right, since we introduced her the recipe, she's been poopoo-ing daily!

No comments: